I didn’t know what Liebster award was until Lorna Flaws nominated me for it. Thank you Lorna! It’s always a pleasure to have your work recognized by fellow bloggers. The nomination is a dose of motivation. More importantly, it’s a window to others’ works. Works that would have remained hidden in the, sometimes cluttered, world of blogging. Read more about the Liebster Award here.
Now, to answer Lorna’s questions.
- What were you like as a child?
I was a quiet, shy kid who would hide behind her elder sister when asked a question. I was at peace when left alone with my books and colors. I was gullible and dreamy. I believed that the nougats in Toblerone were worms (thanks to my sister). Once, I almost missed my school bus daydreaming in the class.
2. What’s your food guilty pleasure?
Sometimes I start the day with Trader Joe’s Ghost Pepper and Sriracha Potato chips.
3. What’s one thing you hate and one thing you love about the country you are currently in?
I moved from India to the States seven months ago. One thing that I do not miss is the traffic. I love that here people (majority) obey the traffic rules to a T. There are hardly any clogs. And no honking. It’s quite unlike India. And one thing I miss is the practice of walking down to a grocery store or a restaurant. Which doesn’t seem common here.
4. How do you fall in love?
I would like to quote Bella Swan (Twilight) for this: “Unconditionally and irrevocably”
5. What’s one event in your life that made you who you are today?
I did my engineering and worked for four months in a multinational company. I could have let the comfort grow on me. Like rust on iron. Like algae on rocks. But I chose to follow my passion, which is writing and art. Here I am, seven years later, doing what I believed in. Without a tinge of regret.
6. If you could live forever, would you?
Only if I get to pick a handful of people who could live forever too.
7. What was the worst break-up you ever had and what was the reason for it?
It was worst then. For the best in hindsight. We were young. Not old enough to fight the friction caused by the distance. So the relationship wore and tore. A slow, yet painless, death.
8. What are the best or the worst spent money of your life?
Best: A motorbike.
Worst: Late fee charges on mobile bill.
9. What do you think about the most?
Currently, I am obsessed with sketching. All I can think of is how to convert what I see into lines on paper.
10. How do you judge a person?
Give the blogger that nominated you a special shout out.
Answer 11 questions given to you by the blogger.
Give up to 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs and bloggers inform them of their nominations.
My questions for you:
- Do you have a favorite illustration or artwork?
- A book that you finished (almost) in one sitting.
- A movie that you don’t mind watching again and again.
- A song that lifts your spirits.
Link to all your queries about the Liebster Award: https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018